I was recently asked to sum up our mission statement in five or fewer words. Now I understand that for some companies this might be difficult. Sort of like that chin scratching moment while setting up your dating profile for the first time. However, when faced with this question I smiled. My answer? Best-in-class.
Not only best-in-class sauna kits, of course, but anything and everything we stand behind. So it's with a slightly wider smile that I get to introduce you to our two newest family members: Thermory & HUUM. While technically unaffiliated, both hail from Estonia and both are best in their class. Naturally they go together like PB & J.
Thermory is the world's Largest Manufacturer of thermally modified wood and sauna materials. Warm to the possibilities.
- Thermory combines a scientific approach and functional design to create beautiful, lasting wood solutions that shape a valuable and sustainable living enviornment.
- Since the 1990s Thermory's product assortment has included decking, wall panelling, cladding and floorboards made of thermally modified wood as well as industrially painted wooden products for indoor and outdoor use. Their expertise in wood naturally led the company to expand into custom sauna materials for DIY projects as well as ready-made kits such as their barrel saunas.
- For over 2,000 years, sauna has been a way of life all over the world. Now, you can create a sauna culture of your own with a custom designed rustic Thermory barrel sauna built in your very own outdoor environment. Perfect for relaxing or entertaining, saunas give you a unique space to call your own and share with others. But no matter how you sauna, once you own a Thermory, you’ll wonder how you ever got along without one.
Real Wood That’s Built to Take the Heat.
All Thermory saunas start with 100% natural wood that’s harvested and produced responsibly, guided by the highest standards for quality and sustainability. They look no further than the birthplace of sauna culture for beautiful Nordic spruce to craft your Thermory Barrel. Unlike cedar, which can become rough and unattractive over time, Thermory Nordic spruce’s proven rot resistance and ability to withstand the elements create the perfect marriage between outstanding design and structural integrity
What is Thermal Modification?
Thermal modification is Thermory's chemical free process of enhancing wood’s durability, stability, and rot resistance using only heat and steam. And it allows for different colors within the same wood species. So, when you choose any Thermory barrel sauna, you get the beauty of real wood, naturally enhanced with only heat and steam for unequalled durability and stability – even in changing weather conditions. It’s the most ideally suited wood for your sauna experience.
Rustic Appeal. Modern Approach.
Blending rustic charm with modern European details, Thermory barrels transform gorgeous Nordic spruce into an extraordinary space to relax and indulge. Boasting an interior of nearly 250 cubic feet, Thermory barrels offer nearly 50% more room than other barrel saunas for a greater ease of movement. You'll never have to worry about standing on curved or rough flooring with the floor kit that provides a level and sturdy surface for the bottom of your sauna. Meanwhile, Thermory's built-in rain jacket provides additional coverage from wet weather.
So chances are, there’s a room in your house where everyone always ends up. But, once you add a Thermory barrel sauna to your landscape, you’ll want to move the party outside. Their larger models offer room for six so you can relax and socialize in greater comfort compared to other barrels
Real Wood Products
Made from 100% real wood
Enhanced with heat & steam
Decades of rot resistance
Thermory Barrel SaunasView All
Now no sauna is complete without a heater. That would be like a ferrari missing its engine. Worry not, HUUM heaters are the perfect complement to your Thermory sauna, providing long-lasting heat and a stunning aesthetic. With a strikingly minimalist stainless-steel design, HUUM heaters bring a touch of elegance to your sauna while offering a high stone capacity for a mild and continual steam.
Elegant sauna heaters in the heart of your sauna
- Forget about boxy-looking heaters. HUUM heaters’ minimalist and round design lets the beauty of the stones show and adds a touch of elegance to your sauna.
- Enjoy a mild steam like in a traditional sauna. Thanks to their high stone capacity, HUUM heaters provide a mild and long-lasting steam.
- Heat your sauna from your phone. With HUUM app it takes just a couple of clicks on your phone and your sauna will be hot and ready when you get home.
- Invest in quality. Each of our heaters is made of stainless steel and receives a lot of special care to look its best and last you a really long time.
Sauna the Estonian way.
HUUM's team consists of enthusiastic sauna fans who believe in the importance of sauna for health and well-being. They all grew up in Estonia, where it would be hard to imagine not going to the sauna at the end of a busy work week, after a cold winter day, or on a nice summer evening in the countryside. To HUUM, sauna bathing means taking time for yourself, regenerating your body and mind, staying healthy and just feeling good. Those are some of the many reasons why here at Saunaify we're obssesed with HUUM!
In 2015 the DROP sauna heater won the prestigious Red Dot Award: Product Design, one of the most important international awards for exceptionally good design. The DROP sauna heater was acknowledged for a well-implemented design solution. All these years later it continues to serve as a statement piece in saunas around the world. Plus, it takes up very little space while fitting a lot of stones to maximize heat efficiency.
HUUM heaters, control units and other products are designed and made entirely in Estonia. While HUUM heaters carry a seemingly simple design, they actually require a quite complex production process. That is they have partnered up with Estonia’s leading metal work companies to guarantee the best possible quality in each step of the production
Since HUUM got a little creative with their heaters, it's not really possible to produce them in fully automated process lines. Getting all the metal rods into the right length, the right thickness and bent in the right shape means a lot of manual work for the metal workers. HUUM heaters are made of stainless steel and go through shot blasting and acid treatment in order to get their final refined appearance.
Heat your sauna from your phone.
A HUUM sauna controller with the mobile app remote control option has two important advantages.
Firstly, it saves you a lot of time. Let’s say heating the sauna takes about an hour. With a regular sauna controller, it would mean that once you arrive home you would still have to wait an hour before you can actually use it. With a mobile app remote control, you can start heating the sauna even without being home yet. You can just activate the sauna heater from your phone and spend that hour finishing up at work or exercising at the gym.
In moments when you need a hot sauna the most, you don’t have to wait for it. Maybe you have just spent an entire day skiing or you’re on your way back from a long trip. What could be more welcoming and regenerating than a hot sauna waiting for you the moment you step through the door.
HUUM HeatersView All
Subscribe for Newsletter
Stay inspired with our insider newsletter for health advice and product exclusives on a regular basis.